Saturday, January 30, 2010

Goodbye Grandpa Croy!

I was told yesterday that my last living grandparent is dying. He has been unresponsive for 3 days. The only thing keep him alive is his defibrillator. So, today they have decided to have it disconnected. By they, I mean his children, my mom's siblings. I'm saddened by this, obviously because he's my grandfather...but mostly because he is a good man. You see, he isn't my mom's biological father, yet he NEVER treated her any differently. As a matter of fact, when she found out and sought out her biological father, he didn't mind! Yet, she always called him "daddy", right up until the day she died.

I miss her and I wish she could be here to comfort us all through our time of sorrow...but she's not. But, soon, my mommy will have her daddy again!!!

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

Kankakee, Illinois, United States