Friday, January 8, 2010

Cancer Sucks!

When I went to the doctor on December 1, 2009, I got the news. The news that I have Stage 1 Thyroid Cancer. ummmm, what?!?!?!

I had a biopsy...it was negative. The University of Chicago Pathologists looked at those slides and agreed...it was negative. I had my thyroid removed.



While I was still in surgery, they did another biopsy...it was negative. So when I went for my follow up, turns out there were all wrong! So now I am off my thyroid meds, I am waiting for my TSH to hit 30 so that I can be admitted to the hospital and have a radioactive iodine treatment. This will attack the little bit of thyroid that is left and hopefully kill any cancer that may be lingering. Also, if I have cancer anywhere else in my body, the scans will show it. So, 3 days in the hospital on COMPLETE isolation. Even have to throw my clothes away. Then another 4 days home alone. Can't sleep in the same bad as Steve. I can't even be around Madilyn. Then for an additional 7 days, I won't be able to snuggle my baby! Only a quick hug. NO KISSES! In 3 months, I will go back and have a full body scan. We shall see. If it's gone, we are done. If it's not, we repeat the above!

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

Kankakee, Illinois, United States