Thursday, April 22, 2010

8 years ago today...

Steve proposed to me. Silly man!! LOL!


So here's the story...

We went to dinner on a random night at TGIFriday's. I always wore my mom's original wedding band and he asked to see it. So I handed it to him and quickly announced that I had to go to the bathroom. When I came back, I asked for my mom's ring back because it was making me nervous that I didn't have it. So he put it on my finger, band side up. When I turned it around, I just about freaked out...it wasn't mom's ring...it was an engagement ring. And it was beautiful! He said something about I could have it if I promised to spend the rest of my life with him! So, I asked if I could have mom's ring! LOL! Then we both laughed and I had both rings!

And I am so glad that I said yes...and that he asked. I love him more today than I did then!

And you know, somehow I think that my mom played a small part in sending him to me. She never got to meet him. He and I were dating, but I had not introduced him to my family when she passed away! So, thanks mommy!

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

Kankakee, Illinois, United States