Tuesday, June 9, 2009

5 years ago today...

right now, I was FREAKING out!!

You see, I am not suppose to be able to conceive a child. Yet, her I am...the doctors were rushing me to labor and delivery...and I wasn't in labor. NO contractions and only 30 weeks pregnant. I had been admitted to the hospital for cardiac monitoring...my chest hurt. They checked everything. I was about to be sent home, told that the baby was pushing up on my esophogus causing heart burns. Ummm...NOT! Turns out I had developed HELLP syndrome, a life threatening form of pre-eclampsia. My life was in danger and the only way to cure it is to deliver the baby. So at 30 weeks, I was being transferred to Rush University Medical Center. I was checked and monitored and asked about 3 million questions. I was so scared, and all I wanted was to understand what was happening. I received 2 units of blood platelettes. My sister in law took pictures of Steve and I "just in case". The nurses and doctors explained what could happen with the baby "just in case". It was the longest 12 hours of my life.

In about 12 hours from now, my baby will turn 5 years old!

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

Kankakee, Illinois, United States