Sunday, May 11, 2008

Thurday, May 8, 2008


I got to watch the most amazing thing. My sister Linda gave birth to her 4th child. Derrick Eugene LaVerl Oakley was born in Mattoon Illinois at 2:50 pm. He weighed 5 lbs 14 oz and was 19 inches long. Yes, I do have a child, but I didn't get to see her be born, but the miracle of birth is AMAZING!!! At first, all I wanted to do was comfort Linda...and there was nothing I could do. She is definitely my hero when it comes to childbirth. NO DRUGS!!!! Then when the baby crowned, it only took about 5 minutes. It was AWESOME!! He is beutiful and cuddly and adorable! I'm grateful that my sister let me watch this amazing event. And of course, being the scrapbooker that I am, I documents the whole thing on film!

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

Kankakee, Illinois, United States